ExpoOPAKOWANIA 2018 Packaging Fair -
packaging for industry and hazardous materials
The second edition of the Packaging Fair, which attracted more than 100 exhibitors, took place on 21-22 November 2018. Thanks to them we had an excellent opportunity to learn about the latest technological solutions as well as products and trends in this dynamically developing industry. We were able to get acquainted with a vast offer of cardboard, wooden, plastic, recycled plastic, transport and industrial packaging as well as warehouse and transport logistics. Visitors could also see various machines for manufacturing packaging as well as packing and labelling machines.
| || |
Among others, the following companies presented their offer at the exhibition stands:
• iBM PACK, specializing in the production of multi-colour flap, diversified and customised - in terms of type, graphics and size - packaging;
• 1LOGISTICS ŻURALSKI, supplier of metal structures for automotive and military industries as well as parts for agricultural machinery presented its offer of plastic packaging for food and chemical industry;
• Cabka Group GmbH with a wide range of pallets, containers and box pallets - innovative in transport and storage techniques and made of various types of plastic: from recycled plastic to new materials;
• Elabel Due Magdalena Galikowska - supplier of printers, labelling machines, seals, protection devices, code readers and other necessary solutions;
• PK SYSTEM Sp. z o.o. showed a wide range of packaging solutions, such as: air pillows, air bubble sheets, foam-in-bag packaging, air bag packaging, paper solutions and many others, and - as a market launch - an innovative equipment for the production of rust-proof and aluminium fillers and others;
• Z.P.H.U. TERRY as one of the few companies in the industries having the BRC IoP certificate, presented tubes made of PET and PVC film as well as plastic-cardboard tubes which are used as packaging or display material;
• SEMACO Sp. j. presented the plotter for cutting cardboard and plastic materials used in the production of all kinds of packaging;
• FROST has also showed an interesting method for application of Pur Foam and Styrofoam.
| || || |
The exhibition was divided into two thematic blocks. During the first day of the Fair, on 21 November, we discussed such topics as automation, robotization and application of 4.0 industry in the packaging industry, while on the second day - 22 November we addressed the issues of waste recycling and possibilities of transition towards Circular Economy.
The Industrial Research Institute for Automation and Measurements PIAP organised the Forum “Automation and Robotization – responding to challenges of the packaging industry” as well as - together with ABB Sp. z o.o. and SICK Sp. z o.o. - workshops dedicated to programming of industrial robots.
Department of Product Packaging of the Faculty of Commodity Science and Product Management of the Cracow University of Economics organised the Scientific Conference entitled “Packaging for people and environment”, which addressed the issues of eco-friendly packaging, packaging for people and the current challenges faced by the entire packaging industry.
Packaging Student Association from the Cracow University of Economics conducted practical workshops entitled: “Projective methods in packaging research”.
On the second day of the Fair we participated in the conference entitled: Transition of legal regulations in the field of waste management towards the Circular Economy. How to find oneself in the new reality? The Polish Chamber of Recovery and Recycling of Packaging has taken up this challenge to introduce us to the new realities.
MEDALS AND WINNERS:
During this year's edition of the Fair, the exhibitors could enter their products and services presented at the stands in a special competition and win an Expo Silesia MEDAL. The Competition Committee awarded the Expo Silesia Medal to FitThings for SLIMBOX - PERFECTLY FITTED PACKAGING. It is a simple method of manufacturing perfect-fit packaging allowing to optimise stock levels, eliminate wastes and protect the environment.
Due to high quality of products entered in the competition, the Competition Committee decided to grant the distinctions to: SCORPIO Sp. z o.o. for the Astrojet S1 printer - solution for printing small-format cardboard packaging and thick envelopes, including bubble envelopes, whose wide adjustment range makes it possible to work with 0.1 mm to 1 cm thick substrates. The distinction was also granted to PROFIX Sp. z o.o. Sp .K for CAN-CAP - cap for beverage can with IML 3D label made with the use of patented technology and constituting an interesting and durable advertising medium also approved for contact with food. The label can be used on cups, caps and other objects. The cap allows you to close an open beverage can to protect it from contamination, degassing and spillage.
The following companies were also awarded with distinctions for the efficient presentation at the ExpoOPAKOWANIA Fair:
HURMAK POLSKA SP.Z O.O.
JAREMAR SP.Z O.O. SP.K.
WAPS-KART SP.Z O.O. SP.K.
Congratulations to all the winners!
This year ExpoOPAKOWANIA -Packaging Fair took place with ExpoBONDING Bonding Technology Exhibition and Forum Silesia 3DPrint.
WE INVITE YOU TO THE NEXT EDITION OF THE PACKAGING AND PACKAGING TECHNOLOGY FAIR ExpoOPAKOWANIA WHICH WILL BE HELD ON 20-21 NOVEMBER 2019 TOGETHER WITH WAGexpo - WEIGHING AND DOSING SOLUTIONS SHOWROOM!